Honda has taken a bold step into the fiercely competitive sub-compact SUV segment in the Indian market with the unveiling of the all-new Honda Elevate. What sets this SUV apart is its remarkable array of safety features, making it a standout choice in its price range. However, with stiff competition in this segment and a high demand for other vehicles, Honda faces a challenging road ahead.
Comprehensive information about the Honda Elevate.
The Honda Elevate starts at a competitive price point of Rs. 10.99 lakh in the Indian market. Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the pricing details:
|V||₹12.11 Lakh||₹13.21 Lakh|
|VX||₹13.50 Lakh||₹14.60 Lakh|
|ZX||₹14.90 Lakh||₹16 Lakh|
Unrivaled Comfort and Amenities
While the Honda Elevate boasts an impressive list of features, there are a few areas where it falls short. Notable omissions include a Type C charging port at the front, a panoramic sunroof, and a height-adjustable driver’s seat with ventilated front seats.
- Top Priority: Safety takes center stage in the Honda Elevate, reflecting Honda’s commitment to your well-being.
- Advanced ADAS: The Elevate boasts ADAS level 2 technology, encompassing a suite of cutting-edge safety features:
- Lane Keep Assist: Ensures you stay within your lane, enhancing highway safety.
- Emergency Braking: Provides rapid braking assistance in critical situations.
- Front and Rear Collision Avoidance: Minimizes the risk of collisions from all angles.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Maintains a safe following distance, enhancing highway driving.
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts you when unintentional lane changes occur.
- Low-Light Caution: It’s important to note that the Honda Elevate’s ADAS system relies on cameras, which may have limitations in low-light or foggy conditions.
Comprehensive Safety Suite:
- Six Airbags: Your safety is fortified with the presence of six airbags, providing all-round protection.
- ABS with EBD: The anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) ensures precise braking control.
- Electronic Stability Control: This feature enhances vehicle stability, especially in challenging driving conditions.
- Hill Hold Assist: Prevents rollback on steep inclines, offering peace of mind during hill starts.
- Isofix Child Seat Mounts: Easily secure child seats, ensuring the safety of your youngest passengers.
Under the hood, the Elevate is equipped with a robust 1.5L petrol engine that churns out 121bhp and 145Nm of torque. This engine can be paired with either a six-speed manual or a smooth CBT gearbox. Honda claims a fuel efficiency of 15.31 kmpl with the manual transmission and an impressive 17 kmpl with the automatic CBT gearbox.
Embracing the Future
Looking ahead, Honda has exciting plans for the Indian market. They’ve announced their intention to introduce an electric version of the Elevate by 2026, aligning with the global shift towards sustainable mobility.
Intense Market Competition
In the vibrant Indian market, the Honda Elevate encounters fierce rivalry from well-established contenders, making the competition stiff:
- Hyundai Creta: Known as the segment leader, Hyundai Creta poses a significant challenge to the Honda Elevate.
- Kia Seltos: With its advanced high-tech features and recent facelift, Kia Seltos offers a compelling alternative.
- Maruti Grand Vitara: Maruti Grand Vitara enters the arena as a formidable competitor.
- Toyota High Rider: Toyota’s High Rider adds to the array of choices in this segment.
- Volkswagen Tiguan: Volkswagen Tiguan presents itself as a strong contender.
- Skoda Kusak: Skoda Kusak adds to the competition with its unique offerings.
- MG Aster: MG Aster enters the race, bringing its own set of features and appeal.
- Citroen C3 Aircross: The Citroen C3 Aircross completes the lineup, offering yet another option for Indian consumers.
In this highly competitive landscape, the Honda Elevate strives to distinguish itself through its impressive features and promising future prospects.
With its impressive features, commitment to safety, and a promising electric future, the Honda Elevate seeks to carve its own niche in this competitive landscape, offering a unique blend of style and substance.